To get started with DocImage SDK for .NET, you are supposed to read VB.NET Imaging: Get Started first!
> .NET Imaging SDK
> Create PDF Windows Viewer
VB.NET PDF Windows Viewer Summary
We intend to show and demonstrate how to create and customize PDF document Windows viewer within VB.NET application in this page. With this fully developed PDF document Windows viewer control, users can easily load, navigate, annotate, process, save and print any desired PDF document in VB code.
What's more, after you have created a basic PDF document viewer in your VB.NET Windows application, more imaging viewer interface customizations are totally available. For example, using .NET imaging adding command solution to define PDF Windows viewer appearence, like adjusting viewer buttons color and size, changing the viewer toolbar location, specifying viewer function buttons displaying and hiding, and many more.
Article layout of this PDF document Windows viewer creating tutorial in VB program:
- Overall feature and benefit list of RasterEdge .NET Imaging PDF Document Window Viewer in VB
- How to create and specify PDF Windows viewer by using VB sample code
- Other RasterEdge .NET Imaging Viewing functions in VB program
VB.NET PDF Windows Viewer - Features and Benefits
- Fully managed sample code is compatible with VB.NET Windows image viewing application
- Seamlessly combine .NET Imaging Viewing library with PDF Document control within VB.NET platform
- Robust image Windows viewer loading component to load and open PDF file very fast, no splash pages or long loading times (loading PDF file from local file or .NET graphics or even downloading PDF from web URL)
- Easy to load and navigate any encrypted PDF document with our powerful VB.NET document decoding function
- Free to fit PDF page to the best width and height of Windows viewer with simple mouse click
- VB sample code to annotate and markup PDF page in many ways, like adding rectangle, line, ellipse, callout, etc.
- Comprehensive image processing component to manipulate and modify current PDF page in VB code, like specific editing functions: PDF page rotating, cropping, specks removing, deskewing, etc.
- Save current PDF page or the whole PDF document to disk or memory as you wish
- PDF document Windows viewer printing application can get your target PDF page well prepared for printing in VB project
How to Create PDF Windows Viewer in VB Application
In this part, we will show the detailed sample code on how to create and customize PDF document Windows viewer in VB class. But before this, please make sure that you have embedded RasterEdge .NET Image Basic DLL, Document Viewer DLL and PDF Document management DLL into your created VB.NET desktop application, and have successfully activated your developer license already.
And please note that the testing environments here are Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 and .NET Framework 2.0. You are certainly able to finish this PDF document Windows viewer prorgamming in any higher version.
Private Sub MainForm_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs)
Dim demoFilePath As String = System.IO.Path.Combine(Application.StartupPath, "REwindowsformsviewer.pdf")
If System.IO.File.Exists(demoFilePath) Then
More Image & Document Windows and Web Viewers Tutorials in VB
VB.NET Windows and Web Image Viewing SDKs are the most outstanding toolkit of RasterEdge's software, which can empower developers and end users with great capabilities to view, annotate, process, save and scan images (supporting JPEG, PNG, GIF and BMP) and document files (TIFF, PDF and Word) within single or multiple safe threaded .NET platform project(s), including C#.NET, VB.NET, ASP.NET and .NET Windows Forms.
Besides PDF document Windows viewer, RasterEdge .NET Imaging Viewing library also supports many other image and document web and Windows viewers in VB project, such as:
Recommend this to Google+