> .NET Imaging SDK
> Convert TIFF to JPEG
This online guide content is Out Dated
Please get the latest XDoc.Tiff C# Developer Guide here
TIFF & JPEG are both popular image formats that are used for website designing. To help you find an efficient .NET solution to convert & render TIFF to JPEG image format, RasterEdge specifically develops this VB.NET TIFF to JPEG image converter component. And this online tutorial page will illustrate the VB.NET TIFF to JPEG image converting application from following aspects.
- What VB.NET APIs will be used in TIFF to JPEG image converting application?
- Is there any demo code that I can use to convert TIFF to JPEG image format in VB.NET programming?
- Why do I need to use this VB.NET TIFF to JPEG image conversion component add-on?
The APIs contained in this VB.NET TIFF to JPEG image converter add-on are quite easy to use. Using these VB.NET APIs, you can easily convert TIFF to JPEG without depending on other third-party image processing or editing controls.
''' Firstly, render TIFF document to get a REImage collection, or choose specific TIFF page to render
Private Function GetPage(pageIdx As Integer) As BasePage Implements TIFFDocument.GetPage
Private Function toImage() As BaseImage Implements TIFFPage.toImage
Private Function toImage(width As Integer, height As Integer) As BaseImage Implements TIFFPage.toImage
Private Sub New(imagesource As List(Of REImage))
''' Secondly, convert TIFFs to JPEG images using following TIFF conversion API
Private Sub Convert(s As Stream, format As ImageFormat) Implements REImage.Convert
API Explanation: If this is the first time to interact with RasterEdge VB.NET TIFF related reading & manipulating components
, you may have some questions in understanding above VB.NET TIFF to JPEG image converting APIs, especially for following programming classes and methods.
- TIFFDocument: this programming class is used as a high-level constructor for TIFF document file. To put it in another way, if there is an in-memory TIFF document in your VB.NET class application, this TIFFDocument class will immediately create a corresponding TIFFDocument object to represent it.
- TIFFPage: derived from REPage, this TIFFPage class is defined by VB.NET TIFF to JPEG conversion control to display one page of a TIFFDocument instance.
- toImage(): this programming method is used to render selected TIFF page into image source. One thing that needs to be mentioned here is that when you are using toImage method to render TIFF page to image object, you can use other APIs to customize the resolution & bit depth of converted image object.
VB.NET Demo Code
To help better use above VB.NET TIFF to JPEG image converting APIs, we here offer a sample tutorial on how to convert TIFF to JPEG using VB.NET code programmatically. If needed, VB.NET developers can also view converted JPEG image after completing this TIFF to JPEG conversion task by using our .NET web viewer SDK
''' Convert TIFF to images of JPEG format
''' <param name="TiffFilePath"></param>
Public Function ConvertTIFFtoJPEG(TiffFilePath As String) As List(Of Stream)
' A list of stream which contains the image data of the JPEG image.
Dim buffer As New List(Of Stream)()
Dim doc As New TIFFDocument(TiffFilePath)
For i As Integer = 0 To doc.GetPageCount() - 1
Dim page As TIFFPage = DirectCast(doc.GetPage(i), TIFFPage)
Dim temp As REImage = DirectCast(page.ToImage(), REImage)
Dim imageStream As New MemoryStream()
If temp IsNot Nothing Then
Why to Choose
In this section, we list the benefits that this VB.NET TIFF to JPEG image converter add-on can bring to programmers.
Compatible with Multiple .NET Framework Versions
Written in managed C# code and designed for .NET applications, this .NET TIFF to JPEG image converting control add-on can achieve fast VB.NET TIFF to JPEG image conversion in .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0 & 4.5.
Able to Load TIFF from Web & File Path
Using this VB.NET TIFF to JPEG image converting add-on, developers can load TIFF from stream or PC file, and save converted JPEG image as memory stream or .jpg image format.
Suitable for Multiple .NET Developing Projects
If you want to convert TIFF to JPEG image format in ASP.NET web application or Windows Forms project, this VB.NET TIFF to JPEG image converter is also a good choice.
Support Other TIFF Related Converting Functions
As this VB.NET TIFF to JPEG converter control component contains several image compression mechanisms, it allows developers to perform other VB.NET TIFF to image converting applications
, like TIFF to PNG conversion
. Besides, if integrated with VB.NET PDF reading component SDK, this VB.NET TIFF to JPEG converter add-on is also able to convert TIFF to PDF document file
Able to Process Converted JPEG Image File in VB.NET
This VB.NET TIFF to JPEG conversion add-on also owns the comprehensive image processing APIs
to edit converted JPEG image file, like image resizing, cropping, rotating, flipping and scaling.
Recommend this to Google+