It is an easy task to integrate image annotation and redaction capabilities into your Windows Forms applications.
- Create annotations with editable text
- Add rectangle (filled or regular) annotations
- Create free-hand annotations
- Embed polygon (filled or regular) annotations
- Redact sensitive information
- Rotate annotation rotation angle
- Change annotation color and font styles
- More image annotation functions
This integration guide suggests how to use WinForms .NET Imaging SDK to create and add annotations onto images & documents. (For information about annotating images in C#.NET applications, VB.NET applications or on the web, please go to Annotate Images for C#.NET
, Image Annotation in VB.NET
and Create Annotation in Web Viewer
- Start you Microsoft Visual Studio;
- Open an existed Windows Application;
- Add RasterEdge.DotNetImaging.dll & RasterEdge.DotNetImaging.Annotate.dll to projects;
- Drag AnnotationViewer to your app;
- Change annotation properties within built-in property editor.
Choose Annotation Type
Call a single method for each kind of annotation:
- Click "RECTANGLE" to create rectangle (filled or regular) annotations;
- Click "FreeHand" to create free-hand annotations;
- Click "LINE" to create line annotations;
- Click "POLYGON" to create polygon (filled or regular) annotations;
- Click "ARROWS" to create arrow annotations;
- Click "ELLIPSES" to create ellipses (filled or regular) annotations;
- Click "TEXT" to create editable text annotations;
- Click "Redaction" to create redaction annotations for sensitive information;
- Click "Burn In" to Burn annotations onto the current page.
Change Annotation Property
Go to the built-in property editor to change annotation properties:
- Click "Rotate" to change annotation rotation angle;
- Click "Resize" to reset annotation width and height;
- Click "BackColor", "ForeColor" to change annotation background and foreground color;
- Click "Font" to change annotations font color, size, effects, etc.
Save and Print Annotation
Go to toolbar to save or print annotations you create:
- Click "Save" to save annotations;
- Click "Export" and click"Include Annotation" to save a Document with Annotations;
- Click "Printâ to print the current annotation to the device context pointed by the graphics object.
Find more user guides with RasteEdge .NET Image in .NET Winforms applications!
Want to install Imaging SDK in Web applications, please go to AJAX Zero-Footprint Document Image Viewer