Installing LAW PreDiscovery
© 2016 LexisNexis. All rights reserved.
A prompt to enter an administrative password appears. The password is stored at a
workstation level, meaning each computer on which LAW PreDiscovery is launched,
whether running locally or in a client/server configuration, will prompt for a password
when executed initially.
3. In the Enter Admin Password dialog box, type a case-sensitive password that is at
least 6 characters long and then type it again to confirm.
4. Click OK.
To change the password on a computer:
1. Click Start, point to All Programs, point to LAW PreDiscovery, and then click Profile
2. Click the Advanced button.
If you are not in administrative mode, the Enter Password dialog box appears.
3. Type the current administrative password and then click OK.
Clicking OK opens the Successfully switched to administrative mode. message.
4. Click OK.
5. On the Tools menu, click Change Administrative Password.
Clicking Change Administrative Password opens the Change Admin Password dialog
6. In the Enter new password field, type a case-sensitive password that is at least 6
characters long, and then type it again in the Confirm Password field.
7. Click OK.
A prompt for a password after clicking Advanced means that you are not running the LAW
Profile Manager in administrative mode. For more information, see the To switch to
Administrative Mode section in this topic.
To use a temporary license in LAW PreDiscovery
If you were issued a temporary LAW PreDiscovery license key, you can enter the license key
in the Change License Server dialog box to access LAW PreDiscovery.
Once you obtain a full LAW PreDiscovery license key, you can connect to your license server
from the Change License Server dialog box. For more information, see To connect to a
in this topic.