Creating Example Reports
1. Delete the following text headers which you do not require, from the 'Page Header'
section: 'Address2', 'Address3', 'Address4', 'Address5' and 'Postcode'.
To delete a text header, select the text header and press the 'DELETE' key. The text
header is deleted.
2. You now need to re-arrange your text headers and variables.
To move a variable, click the variable and while holding down the mouse button, drag the
variable to the required position then release the mouse button. Alternatively, select the
variable and use the arrow keys to position the variable.
3. Once you have re-arranged your text and variables you need to adjust the height of the
section. To do this click the lower line of the section you require. Hold the mouse button
down and drag the section line to the position you require and then release the mouse
When you have finished this section your report layout should look like this:
You can preview how the report will print by clicking the 'Preview' tab at any time.
You are now ready to save and print your new Employee Details Report.
To save and print your Employee Details report
1. From the 'File' menu, choose 'Save As'.
The 'File Save As' window appears.
2. From the 'Save in' drop-down list, select the folder where you want to store the report.
Tip: If you save this report into your C:\Program Files\Sage Payroll\Reports\Employee
folder, it will appear in the 'Employee Reports' folder in the 'Reports' window.
3. In the 'Filename' box enter a name for the report.
4. Click 'OK'.
Your report is now saved.
5. To print your report, from the Status bar click the 'Preview' tab. Then from the main
toolbar, click 'Print'.
The 'Print window' appears.