Last updated 5/10/2016
Edit file details in a list (Acrobat Pro DC)
1 In an opened PDF Portfolio, click View > Portfolio > Details.
The list of component files in the PDF Portfolio are displayed below the secondary toolbar.
2 Do any of the following in the files list pane:
• To show or hide a column in the list, right-click and choose View and select the column name.
• To sort required columns by ascending and descending order, click a column heading. Click a second time to
reverse the order
• To add or change information of a file, right-click the filename and select Edit Value and then choose the type
of information you want to update. For example, to add descriptive information about the file, right-click on the
filename, choose Edit Value > Description. In the Edit Description dialog, enter the file description.
• To add a column, right-click and choose Portfolio Properties. In the Portfolio Properties dialog box, click Add
and type the name of the column you want to add and click OK.
• To delete optional columns, open the Portfolio Properties dialog box, select the column name that you want to
delete, and then click Delete. You cannot delete required columns, such as Name, Modified, Size, and Created.
• To change the order of a column, open the Portfolio Properties dialog box, select the column name, and click
the Up or Down button. You can also drag a column in the file list pane.
• To change the order of files, see Sort, filter, and change the order of files or folders (Acrobat Pro DC).
Add files and folders to a PDF Portfolio
You can add files and folders to an existing PDF Portfolio in either Layout (Preview) or Details (files list view) mode.
In the secondary toolbar, click Add Files and choose Add Files or Add Folder.
Alternatively, you can also add files or folders by performing any of the following methods:
• In the Layout view, right click in the left pane and choose Create Folder. Else, if you are in the Details view, then
right click in the files list pane and choose Create Folder.
• To add files from your computer, drag any files or folders into the left pane (Layout view), or files list pane
(Details view). You can also drag file or folder onto a folder to add it to your portfolio.
For best performance, keep the total number of component files at 15 or less, and the total size of all component files
under 50 MB.
Remove files and folders from a PDF Portfolio
If you delete a folder, all of the files within it are deleted from the PDF Portfolio.
Select one or more files or folders in the PDF Portfolio and press Delete. Or click the Delete File icon in the
Sort, filter, and change the order of files or folders (Acrobat Pro DC)
By default, component files are arranged and sorted alphabetically by filename. Files appear and print in this order.
You can change or customize the order in which files appear. However, files always print alphabetically.