If you’re a household worker, make sure your employer 
is paying Social Security taxes for you. You should receive 
a Form W-2 from your employer by January 31 of the year 
following the year you did the work. For more information, 
ask for Household Workers (Publication No. 05-10021).
Military service
If you’ve served in the military on active duty or 
active duty for training since 1957, or on inactive duty for 
training since 1988, you paid into Social Security, unless 
your services were specifically excluded under the Social 
Security Act (such as while performed while on leave 
without pay or creditable under the Railroad Retirement 
Act). If you served in the military before 1957, you didn’t 
pay into Social Security directly, but your records may be 
credited with special earnings for Social Security purposes 
that count toward any benefits you may receive.
When you apply for Social Security, the credits you 
receive for military service are added to your civilian work 
credits. The number of credits you have determines if you 
qualify for Social Security.
You may be eligible for both Social Security benefits 
and military retirement. Generally, there’s no reduction 
of Social Security benefits because of your military 
retirement. You’ll get your full Social Security benefits 
based on your earnings.
Social Security survivors benefits may affect benefits 
payable under the optional Department of Defense 
Survivors Benefit Plan. You should check with the 
Department of Defense or your military retirement advisor 
for more information.
Pdf bookmark - add, remove, update PDF bookmarks in C#.net, ASP.NET, MVC, Ajax, WinForms, WPF
Empower Your C# Project with Rapid PDF Internal Navigation Via Bookmark and Outline
bookmark page in pdf; adding bookmarks to pdf
Pdf bookmark - VB.NET PDF bookmark library: add, remove, update PDF bookmarks in vb.net, ASP.NET, MVC, Ajax, WinForms, WPF
Empower Your VB.NET Project with Rapid PDF Internal Navigation Via Bookmark and Outline
how to create bookmark in pdf automatically; editing bookmarks in pdf
Before you retire
If you’re a worker age 18 or older, you can get a Social 
Security Statement online. Your Statement is a valuable 
tool to help you plan a secure financial future, and we 
recommend that you look at it yearly. Your Statement 
provides a record of your earnings. Further, it estimates:
•  Your Social Security benefits at different retirement ages;
•  Your disability benefits if you become severely disabled 
before retirement; and
•  The survivors benefits your spouse and eligible family 
members may receive when you die.
To create an account online and to review your Statement, 
visit our website at www.socialsecurity.gov/myaccount.
You can use the online Retirement Estimator at 
www.socialsecurity.gov/estimator to get immediate and 
personalized retirement benefit estimates to help you plan 
for your retirement. The online Retirement Estimator is 
a convenient, secure, and quick financial planning tool, 
because it eliminates the need to manually key in years of 
earnings information. The Retirement Estimator will also 
let you create “what if” scenarios. For example, you can 
change your “stop work” dates or expected future earnings 
to create and compare different retirement options.
For more information, ask for Online Retirement 
Estimator (Publication No. 05-10510) or How to Use the 
Online Retirement Estimator (Publication No. 05-10511). 
People who take advantage of the online Retirement 
Estimator for retirement planning also should be aware that 
Social Security has other information to help with financial 
planning at www.socialsecurity.gov/planners.
When you retire
Most people need 10 years of work (40 credits) to qualify 
for benefits. Your benefit amount is based on your earnings 
averaged over most of your working career. Higher lifetime 
VB.NET Create PDF from Excel Library to convert xlsx, xls to PDF
C#.NET PDF file & pages edit, C#.NET PDF pages extract, copy, paste, C#.NET rotate PDF pages, C#.NET search text in PDF, C#.NET edit PDF bookmark, C#.NET edit
creating bookmarks in pdf files; bookmark pdf reader
C# PDF Library SDK to view, edit, convert, process PDF file for C#
RasterEdge PDF SDK for .NET package offers robust APIs for editing PDF document hyperlink (url) and quick navigation link in PDF bookmark.
creating bookmarks pdf; adding bookmarks to a pdf
earnings result in higher benefits. If you have some years of 
no earnings or low earnings, your benefit amount may be 
lower than if you’d worked steadily.
Your benefit is also affected by your age at the time you 
start receiving benefits. If you start your retirement benefits 
at age 62 (the earliest possible retirement age), your benefit 
will be lower than if you wait until your full retirement age.
If you choose to work while receiving Social Security 
benefits before you reach full retirement age, your benefits 
will be reduced by $1 for every $2 you earn over the annual 
limit (which increases each year). In the year you reach 
full retirement age, your benefits will be reduced by $1 for 
every $3 you earn over the limit in the months before your 
birthday. But, after you reach full retirement age, you’ll get 
your full retirement benefits no matter how much you work 
and earn.
Age to receive full Social Security benefits
Year of birth
Full retirement age
66 and 2 months
66 and 4 months
66 and 6 months
66 and 8 months
66 and 10 months
1960 or later
NOTE: People who were born on January 1 of 
any year should refer to the previous year.
As you continue working, we’ll review your earnings 
each year and recalculate your benefit amount. Usually, 
your additional earnings will increase your benefit amount. 
If the amount increases, we’ll notify you and readjust your 
benefit payments.
VB.NET PDF File Split Library: Split, seperate PDF into multiple
Split PDF document by PDF bookmark and outlines in VB.NET. Independent component for splitting PDF document in preview without using external PDF control.
create bookmark pdf; pdf create bookmarks
C# PDF Convert to Word SDK: Convert PDF to Word library in C#.net
key. Quick to remove watermark and save PDF text, image, table, hyperlink and bookmark to Word without losing format. Powerful components
bookmark template pdf; split pdf by bookmark
If you’re eligible for benefits on more than one work 
record, such as your own and your spouse’s, you generally 
receive the higher benefit amount. When you apply for 
benefits, the Social Security representative can determine 
the benefits you are eligible to receive.
If you’re eligible for a spouse’s or divorced spouse’s 
benefit and your own retirement benefit, we will pay your 
retirement benefit first. If the benefit on your spouse’s or ex-
spouse’s record is higher, you will get an additional amount 
on your spouse’s record so that the combination of benefits 
equals that higher amount.
If your spouse works past full retirement age and doesn’t 
collect Social Security benefits, you can still retire and get 
benefits based on your own work. Then, when your spouse 
does retire, you can receive benefits on your spouse’s record 
if they’re higher. You do not have to wait for your ex-spouse 
to retire to receive benefits on his or her record if you have 
been divorced for two years.
If you were born January 2, 1954 or later, once you file 
for your retirement benefit, you have effectively filed for 
additional benefits payable as a spouse or divorced spouse 
in the first month you qualify for the higher benefit. If your 
spouse or ex-spouse is deceased, you can choose which 
benefit to apply for now or choose to postpone filing for 
either benefit until you reach full retirement age.
If you were born before January 2, 1954 and you’ve 
reached your full retirement age, and you’re eligible for 
a spouse’s or divorced spouse’s benefit and your own 
retirement benefit, you may choose to receive only the 
spousal benefit and delay receiving your retirement benefit 
until a later date. If you were born January 2, 1954 or later, 
the option to take only one benefit at full retirement age no 
longer exists. If you file for one benefit, you are effectively 
filing for all retirement or spousal benefits. 
For more information on retirement, visit 
www.socialsecurity.gov/planners or ask for Retirement 
Benefits (Publication No. 05-10035).
C# Create PDF from Word Library to convert docx, doc to PDF in C#.
Able to get word count in PDF pages. Change Word hyperlink to PDF hyperlink and bookmark. Free online Word to PDF converter without email.
how to bookmark a pdf document; create bookmarks pdf
How to C#: Basic SDK Concept of XDoc.PDF for .NET
XDoc.PDF for .NET allows C# developers to edit hyperlink of PDF document, including editing PDF url links and quick navigation link in bookmark/outline.
add bookmarks to pdf file; how to add bookmarks to pdf files
You’ll have Medicare coverage in addition to Social 
Security benefits if you’re eligible for benefits on either your 
own record or your spouse’s record. You’ll have Medicare 
hospital insurance (Part A) protection at age 65, and you’ll 
have the opportunity to buy Medicare medical insurance 
(Part B) for a monthly premium. You can also enroll in a 
Medicare Advantage Plan (Part C) and a Medicare 
prescription drug plan (Part D). If you aren’t eligible for 
benefits and if you don’t have enough credits, you can pay a 
monthly premium to buy Medicare coverage. For more 
information, ask for Medicare (Publication No. 05-10043).
If you become disabled
If you become disabled, you may be able to get disability 
benefits if you’ve worked long enough and recently enough 
under Social Security. The amount of work you need 
increases with age. You need credit for one and one-half 
years of work out of the past three years if you become 
disabled before age 24, and up to five out of the last 10 years 
if you become disabled at age 31 or older. Some women 
lose their disability coverage when they move in and out of 
the workforce and, as a result, don’t meet the recent work 
requirement. If you need help figuring out how much work 
you need to maintain your disability coverage, call your 
local Social Security office.
You will be considered disabled if you can’t do the work 
you did before and we decide you can’t adjust to other work 
because of your medical condition(s). Your disability also 
must last, or be expected to last, for at least a year or to 
result in death. After you receive disability payments for 24 
consecutive months, you’ll also have Medicare protection.
Military service members can receive expedited 
processing of disability claims from Social Security. Social 
Security benefits are different from those available through 
the Department of Veterans Affairs and require a separate 
application. We use an expedited process for military 
VB.NET PDF - WPF PDF Viewer for VB.NET Program
C#.NET PDF file & pages edit, C#.NET PDF pages extract, copy, paste, C#.NET rotate PDF pages, C#.NET search text in PDF, C#.NET edit PDF bookmark, C#.NET edit
convert word pdf bookmarks; create bookmarks in pdf reader
VB.NET Create PDF from Word Library to convert docx, doc to PDF in
Ability to get word count of PDF pages. Change Word hyperlink to PDF hyperlink and bookmark. Free online Word to PDF converter without email.
export bookmarks from pdf to excel; pdf bookmark
service members who became disabled while on active 
military service on or after October 1, 2001, regardless of 
where the disability occurs.
For more information on disability programs, visit 
www.socialsecurity.gov/disability or ask for Disability 
Benefits (Publication No. 05-10029).
For more information on disability benefits for wounded 
warriors, visit www.socialsecurity.gov/woundedwarriors 
or ask for Disability Benefits for Wounded Warriors 
(Publication No. 05-10030).
When you’re ready to apply
Online services
You can apply for Social Security retirement, disability, 
Medicare, or spouse’s benefits, or any combination of those 
benefits online. You’ll complete and sign the application 
electronically. We’ll let you know which benefits you are 
entitled to after we receive your application.
Electronic payments
You may receive your benefits through direct deposit, 
a Direct Express
card, or an electronic transfer account. 
These electronic options provide simple, safe, and secure 
ways to receive your benefits. For more information about 
these options, please visit www.godirect.org or call 
When you apply for benefits, have your checkbook or 
banking account statement on hand if you want direct 
deposit. We need that information to deposit your benefit 
into your account correctly.
Benefits for your family
When you start receiving Social Security retirement 
or disability benefits, other family members also may be 
eligible for payments. For example, benefits can be paid to 
your spouse:
•  If your spouse is age 62 or older; or
•  At any age, if your spouse is caring for your child (the 
child must be younger than age 16 or be must disabled 
and receiving Social Security benefits on your record).
We also can pay benefits to your unmarried children if 
•  Younger than age 18;
•  Between age 18 and age 19, but in elementary or 
secondary school as full-time students; or
•  Age 18 or older and severely disabled (the disability must 
have started before age 22).
When you die
When you die, your family may be eligible for benefits 
based on your work.
Family members who can collect benefits include a 
surviving spouse who is:
•  Age 60 or older; or
•  Age 50 or older and disabled; or
•  Any age, if your surviving spouse is caring for your 
child who is younger than age 16, or who is disabled and 
receiving Social Security benefits.
Your children can receive benefits, too, if they’re 
unmarried and:
•  Younger than age 18; or
•  Between age 18 and age 19, but in an elementary or 
secondary school as full-time students; or
•  Age 18 or older and severely disabled (the disability must 
have started before age 22).
Additionally, your parents can receive benefits on your 
earnings if they were dependent on you for at least half of 
their support.
If you had enough credits, we’ll also make a one-time 
payment of $255 after your death. We may pay this benefit 
to your surviving spouse or minor children if they meet 
certain requirements.
For more information, ask for Survivors Benefits 
(Publication No. 05-10084).
If you have income from 
a government pension
If you worked at a job through which you didn’t pay 
Social Security taxes, two laws may affect your Social 
Security benefits.
•  The Windfall Elimination Provision (WEP) affects the way 
your Social Security retirement or disability benefits are 
figured. This provision applies to you only if you receive 
Social Security benefits based on your own earnings, and if 
you are receiving the other pension.
•  Government Pension Offset (GPO) affects only the 
Social Security benefits you could receive based on your 
spouse’s earnings.
For more information about the WEP, GPO, 
and WEP and GPO online calculators, visit 
www.socialsecurity.gov/gpo-wep. Benefit calculators 
also are available at www.socialsecurity.gov/planners/
calculators.htm. You also can ask for Windfall Elimination 
Provision (Publication No. 05-10045) and Government 
Pension Offset (Publication No. 05-10007).
If you haven’t worked or if you don’t 
have enough Social Security credits
If you haven’t worked or if you don’t have enough Social 
Security credits, and you’re married, you may be eligible for 
Social Security benefits as a result of your spouse’s work. 
You and your children (younger than age 18 or younger than 
age 19 if still in secondary school or disabled before age 
22) have Social Security protection through your spouse’s 
work. When your spouse retires, or if your spouse becomes 
disabled, you could be eligible for benefits as early as age 62. 
If you’re caring for your child who is younger than age 16, 
or who is disabled and entitled to benefits, you could receive 
benefits at any age.
If you choose to begin receiving spouse’s benefits 
before you reach full retirement age, your benefit amount 
will be reduced and won’t increase when you reach full 
retirement age. If you wait until you reach full retirement 
age, you’ll receive the maximum benefit, which is up to 
half of the amount your spouse is entitled to receive at full 
retirement age.
You and your spouse will be eligible for Medicare at age 65.
If you become a widow
If your spouse dies, you can get widow’s benefits if 
you’re age 60 or older. If you’re disabled, you can get 
widow’s benefits as early as age 50. Your benefit amount 
will depend on your age and on the amount your deceased 
spouse was entitled to at the time of death. If your spouse 
was receiving reduced benefits, your survivor benefit will 
be based on that amount.
If you’re a widow with children, you may be eligible for 
a widow’s benefit at any age when you’re caring for a child 
who is younger than 16, or who is disabled and entitled 
to benefits. As a widow, you also may be eligible for 
Medicare at age 65.
If you remarry before you reach age 60 (or age 50 if 
disabled), you can’t receive widow’s benefits as long as 
that marriage remains in effect. If you remarry after you 
reach age 60 (or age 50 if disabled), you’ll continue to 
receive benefits on your deceased spouse’s Social Security 
record. However, if your current spouse is a Social Security 
beneficiary, you should apply for a spouse’s benefit if it would 
be larger than your widow’s benefit. You can’t get both.
If you’re also entitled to retirement benefits based on 
your own work, you have other options. Ask a Social 
Security representative to explain the options, so you can 
decide which would be best for you.
If you’re divorced
If you’ve never asked Social Security about receiving 
benefits based on your ex-spouse’s work, you should. Many 
women get a higher benefit based on their ex-spouse’s work, 
especially if that spouse is deceased. When you apply, you’ll 
need to give your spouse’s Social Security number. If you 
don’t know your spouse’s number, you’ll need to provide 
your spouse’s date and place of birth and your spouse’s 
parents’ names.
The following requirements also apply to your divorced 
spouse if your ex-spouse’s eligibility for benefits is based on 
your work.
If your ex-spouse is living
If you’re divorced, you can receive benefits based on your 
ex-spouse’s work if
•  Your marriage lasted 10 years or longer;
•  You’re unmarried;
•  You’re age 62 or older;
•  The benefit you’re entitled to receive based on your own 
work is less than the benefits you’d receive based on your 
spouse’s work; and
•  Your ex-spouse is entitled to Social Security retirement or 
disability benefits.
If your spouse hasn’t applied for benefits, but can qualify 
for them and is age 62 or older, you can receive benefits on 
your ex-spouse’s work if you’ve been divorced for at least 
two years.
NOTE: Former spouses who are full retirement age may 
both file on each other’s record and postpone applying on 
their own to earn delayed retirement credits.
Documents you may be interested
Documents you may be interested