9. The website will open up, and you will see the folders inside. For a simple website, that is usually the index.html file and the images folder.
10. Click on the small green and white square beside the index file, and you will get five choices: Download, Set main file, Rename, Move, and
Delete. Choose Set main file.
11. As a result, index.html will now be bolded. Your main file will always be in bold.
12. Under options, you are given several display options. With the automatic and embed settings, students will see the description, but no
website. In other words, the automatic and embed settings won't work. Force download will work, but unless you are teaching website design, it
won't be usable for the students. Open will open the web page, but it will eliminate MOODLE. The best option seems to be In pop-up. The
student can view and manipulate the web page without losing his or her place in MOODLE. And you can use the advanced settings under
Options to make the pop-up as large or small as you wish.
13. To move the website link, choose the move button beside it (make sure you are in editing mode).
14. You will see rectangles with dotted lines in your module. Click on the rectangle that exists where you wish your website link to go, and you
have moved your website access.
ADDING A PAGE
1. What if you want to type right into MOODLE? Maybe add text, audio, video, images, the whole works into one file in MOODLE? You can
do it using the Page option. Again, go to Add a resource and choose "Add Page."
15 of 24
5/6/2011 2:14 PM