Measure Authoring Tool v4.4.0| User Guide
Figure 141 Expansion Identifier MU2 2015-05-01 Added
Note: Specifying a value set Expansion Identifier or Version is optional. The MOST RECENT value set data
from the VSAC is retrieved if an Expansion Identifier or Version is not specified or if the Expansion
Identifier ‘VSAC Auto Expansion’ is selected.
V. CREATING A SPECIFIC OCCURRENCE OF A QDM ELEMENT
A user may want to specify a specific occurrence of a data element by selecting the checkbox ‘Specific
Occurrence’ when building a QDM element with a VSAC value set.
The MAT allows the measure developer to indicate a single occurrence that is repeated through the
measure logic. If the ’Specific Occurrence’ option is not selected when creating a data element, the
words Occurrence A will not display. As a result, any reference to that QDM data element will indicate
that any reference to it in the clinical record in the defined time frame is acceptable to meet the criteria
of the measure.
The following example will show how a user can apply a specific occurrence to a QDM element. The
QDM element being applied in this example is Occurrence A of General or Neuraxial Anesthesia:
Procedure, Performed with the OID 2.16.840.1.113822.214.171.124.7.1.254.
1) Select the [QDM Elements] page in the measure authoring tool by selecting the [QDM
2) Verify an active connect to the VSAC API is established.
3) Enter the OID for the desired value set. (2.16.840.1.1138126.96.36.199.7.1.254)
4) Select the yellow [Retrieve OID] button.
5) Select the desired datatype from the Datatype dropdown box. (Procedure, Performed)
Note: Value sets with a category of ‘attribute’ do not allow the selection of a specific occurrence.
6) Select an Expansion Identifier or Version using the dropdown boxes, if applicable.