OmniSign – Signing PDF and non-PDF Files
Performing Operations on a Single Signature Field
You can perform various operations on a single signature field. These operations are available in any of the
drop down menu appearing just above the signature field (Figure 88)
Right-clicking a signature field
Left-clicking a signature field in the Signatures panel (Figure 91).
The available operations include:
– Signs or re-signs the signature field. The Signing Ceremony dialog appears (Figure 27). Select
or enter the relevant information and click
– Performs a PDF signature operation that is “stronger” than the regular PDF signature
operation (as described in Certifying an Adobe Acrobat Document). When a document is certified, you
can specify one of the following certification modes:
No further changes allowed
– No changes are permitted to the PDF document.
Form filling & signing allowed
– You may enter data in forms, and sign existing signature
fields in the PDF document.
Annotations, form filling & signing allowed
– You may add annotations to the document,
enter data in forms, and sign existing signature fields in the PDF document.
The Certify operation is disabled if there is a signed field in the document.
– Validates the digital signature. The display of the signature in the main screen is refreshed
to reflect the validation state of the signature.
View Signed ver
. – View the document as it existed when this signature field was signed. This option
presents a new window displaying the relevant document version.
– Clears the digital signature. This results in an empty signature field.
– Removes the digital signature as well as the signature field from the document. This
operation is disabled if there is a signed field in the document.
– Displays the signature settings. Signature Settings can be changed if the field is not
signed. This operation is disabled if there is a signed field in the document.
– Displays the digital signature status and certificate status.
Configuring Default Signature Settings
You can configure default signature settings that will apply to newly created signatures. To configure the
default signature settings for an individual signature field, refer to Configuring Default Signature Settings for
a Single Signature.