Replacing Toner Cartridges
Fuji Xerox toner cartridges are available only through Fuji Xerox.
It is recommended that you use Fuji Xerox toner cartridges for your printer. Fuji Xerox does not
provide warranty coverage for problems caused by using accessories, parts, or components not
supplied by Fuji Xerox.
• Do not shake the used toner cartridge to avoid spilling of the toner.
• Be sure to use the starter toner cartridge shipped with the printer until it gets empty, and then replace it with a
• Replace the toner cartridge with the printer turned on. If you turn off the printer, print data remaining in the
printer, and information stored on the printer's memory are erased.
This section includes:
• "Overview" on page 469
• "Removing the Toner Cartridges" on page 470
• "Installing a Toner Cartridge" on page 472
• Use a broom or a wet cloth to wipe off spilled toner. Never use a vacuum cleaner for the spills.
It may catch fire by electric sparks inside the vacuum cleaner and cause explosion. If you spill a large
volume of toner, contact your local Fuji Xerox representative.
• Never throw a toner cartridge into an open flame. Remaining toner in the cartridge may catch fire and
cause burn injuries or explosion.
If you have a used toner cartridge no longer needed, contact your local Fuji Xerox representative for
• Keep toner cartridges out of the reach of children. If a child accidentally swallows toner, spit it out,
rinse mouth with water, drink water and consult a physician immediately.
• When replacing toner cartridges, be careful not to spill the toner. In case of any toner spills, avoid
contact with clothes, skin, eyes and mouth as well as inhalation.
• If toner spills onto your skin or clothing, wash it off with soap and water.
If you get toner particles in your eyes, wash it out with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes until
irritation is gone. Consult a physician if necessary.
If you inhale toner particles, move to a fresh air location and rinse your mouth with water.
If you swallow toner, spit it out, rinse your mouth with water, drink plenty of water and consult a