226 Best Case Bankruptcy for Windows
Paying Filing Fees On-line
With Pay Now Express™
, Best Case helps you pay filing fees via the Internet after the case number has been
via the OneTouch™ s
ystem. Best Case also retains your credit card information,
so you won’t have to re
enter it each time you file a case
saving you even more time! (Note that this feature is only available in CM/ECF
districts where the court offers Internet credit card payments. In some districts, you will keep one credit card number
on file and the court will process the charges.)
After the case has been successfully filed with the OneTouch
ystem, the ECF Manager will appear.
1. Click the Pay Fees button in the ECF Manager.
2. Click the Login Now button in the ECF Express window. ECF Express will automatically connect you to the
court’s website, log you into your CM/ECF account, open the Utilities
or Reports menu, and select Internet
Payments Due for your account. Do not click anything while ECF Express is working.
The U.S. Courts’ Payment Collections website a
ppears next. Click Pay Now to s
ubmit your payment. That’s it!
To pay fees later/make one payment at the end of the day:
1. Open a client file that you have already filed electronically.
2. Click on the ECF Manager button at the bottom of the Forms and Schedules menu for the client.
3. Click on the ECF Express button in the ECF Manager window
4. Enter your CM/ECF login name and password on the next screen and click the Login Now button. ECF Express
will automatically connect you to the court’s website and log you into
your CM/ECF account.
5. On the main CM/ECF menu screen, click the green dollar ($) sign in the top toolbar of the ECF Express
6. Click the Pay Now button on the following screen to submit your credit card payment for all outstanding
CM/ECF fees. You may want to print payment confirmation for your records.
Assigning Judge and Trustee
After you have received a case number, you’ll need to assign a judge and trustee for your case. Return to the ECF
Manager and click the ECF Express button. Enter your login name and password. Best Case will locate your case.
Click the JT button in the toolbar to assign the judge and trustee. You will receive a receipt which you can print.
Filing Form 23 with OneTouch
To prepare Form 23 for electronic filing:
1. Click the Prepare ECF Filing button in the ECF Manager.
2. Select the radio button labeled Form 23
Post-Petition Financial Management Education and click Next.
Note: This option is only available for cases that have been issued a case number or cases in which a case
number has been entered in the Notes button.
3. If you have not yet edited Form 23 you may do so from the window pictured below by clicking Edit Debtor
Form 23 (or Edit Joint Form 23). If you are filing in a jurisdiction that requires the Financial Management
Certificate to be attached to Form 23, you may click the Attachments button to insert the PDF of the certificate.
In joint bankruptcy filings, some jurisdictions require both debtor and joint debtor Form 23s to be filed as a
single PDF document. Other jurisdictions require each Form 23 to be filed as separate PDFs. Any of these
selections may be made by choosing the radio buttons in the lower right corner. When finished, click Next.