Move or edit an Object
A selected object usually shows a bounding box. Selection handles appear when the pointer is over the object. When
the pointer is over a locked object, no selection handles appear. When you select multiple objects, the last object
you select becomes the anchor and appears red; the others appear blue. 周e anchor object remains stationary dur-
ing alignment operations.
To make another object in the selection the anchor object, Ctrl-click the new target object twice, once to remove
the object from the selection, and once to add it back to the selection. As the last object added to the selection, it
becomes the anchor object.
Select an object
1. Select one or more objects:
* Click the object with the TouchUp Object tool (Tools > Advanced Editing).
* Click the object with the Select Object tool , or with the tool you used to
create the object.
* Right-click the object and choose Select All from the context menu. If the
Select Object tool is active and the document uses single-page layout, all
objects on the current page are selected. If the document is in any other page
layout, all objects in the document are selected. If a tool in the Advanced
Editing toolbar is active, all objects of that type in the document are selected.
* Drag to create a rectangle around the
desired objects. If the Select Object tool
is active, all objects within the rectangle
are selected. If an Advanced Editing tool is
active, press Ctrl as you drag; all objects
of the tool type within the rectangle are
2.(Optional) Add one or more objects to the current selection:
* Ctrl-click an object.
* Shift-click to add a range of objects. (周e Select Object tool includes all objects
when you Shift-click.) Using Shift selects all items that lie within the rectangular
bounding box formed by all items in the selection (including the item that was
Move an object
1. Click the object with the TouchUp Object tool ,
the Select Object tool, or the tool used to create
2. Move the image or object:
* Drag the object to the desired location. Objects
cannot be dragged to a diﬀerent page (you can
cut and paste them to a new page instead).
Shift-drag the object to constrain movement up
or down, or right or left.
* Right-click the image and choose an option to
move the image on the page.
Resize an object
1. Click the object with the TouchUp Object tool , the Select Object tool , or with the
tool used to create it.
2. Drag a handle of the object. Shift-drag the handle to retain the original aspect ratio.