Chapter 5: Working with Layers
The star is on top of the other shapes in the left picture. Its icon is in the
rightmost position in the Layer bar. Moving the icon to the left (see the right
picture), you move the star behind other objects on the canvas.
To change text or an image in the active layer, open the Layer Content window
by double-clicking the layer icon.
To choose a graphic ﬁle for the active layer, you can also drag it from the
Finder application and drop onto the layer icon in the Layer bar.
1 – Add a new layer with the default content.
2 – Delete layer and its content.
3 and 8 – Scroll layer icons.
4 – Click the “i” icon to open the Layer Content window.
5, 6 and 7 – Icons of layers displaying the layer content.
9 – Layer actions menu that includes the following functions:
• The Remove function removes a layer and its content. It does the same
as the “minus” button (2).
• The Duplicate function creates a copy of the selected layer.
• The Join, Union, Subtract and Intersect functions create a new layer
out of several selected layers. These functions are described in Chapter 5:
“Working with Layers” > “Merging Layers”.
• The Split into Letters and Extract a Letter functions create several
layers out of one. These functions are described in Chapter 5: “Working
with Layers” > “Splitting Layers”.
• The Show/Hide Layers Panel item opens and closes the Layers panel.
• The Add Layer With Image… function creates a new layer and lets you
choose an image to place in it. Use this feature for adding background