Accessing Data and Data Analysis
Displaying, refreshing and purging lists of values
Displaying, refreshing and purging lists of
BusinessObjects lets you display, refresh and purge lists of values at any time.
To do so:
1. Click Universes on the Tools menu.
The Universes dialog box appears.
2. Select the universe that contains the list of values you want, then click Lists
The Lists of Values dialog box appears.
3. Open a class by clicking its + sign, then select the object whose list of values
you want to view, refresh or purge.
4. Click the button you want:
5. Click OK to close the dialog box.
BusinessObjects displays the values in the List of
Values of Object Name dialog box.
To view the list in table or hierarchy format, click
Tabular View or Hierarchical View respectively.
These options are useful if the list of values contains
more than one object; that is, it combines two or
more columns of values:
• In Tabular View, the columns appear next to
• In Hierarchical View, the values from the first
column appear as a folder. The folder contains
the values of the second column. If there is a
third column, the second column appears as a
folder that contains these, and so on.
BusinessObjects runs the query for the list of values,
and a refreshed list appears.
BusinessObjects empties the .lov file corresponding
to the list of values.