(2) Assigned amount units shall constitute private state property, which represent a special type of rights subject to
international trading according to Article 17 of the Kyoto Protocol.
(3) The purpose of the National Green Investment Scheme is to assist, financially and institutionally, investment projects
and other projects which lead to a reduction of greenhouse gas emissions within the territory of the country or lead to other
favourable environmental effects and impacts on the environment, including through a reduction of the factors of anthropogenic
activity related to climate change and global warming, in accordance with the requirements of Community law and national
legislation in the field of environmental protection.
(4) Through the National Green Investment Scheme, the Bulgarian State shall guarantee the use of the proceeds from the
sales of AAUs for the purposes of Paragraph (3).
(5) The National Green Investment Scheme shall comprise arrangements for the activities of soliciting, evaluating,
validating and financing green investment projects through the NTEF, the monitoring and control of the implementation of such
projects, and the verification by independent accredited organizations of the implementation and the results achieved by green
(6) In the National Green Investment Scheme, the proper spending of the proceeds from the sale of AAUs shall be
additionally guaranteed through the participation of representatives of AAU buyer countries in the composition and activity of
the Advisory Council of the NTEF and publicity of the reports on the evaluation and implementation of green investment
projects which will be financed by the NTEF.
(7) The requirements of the AAU buyer countries for the purposes and manners of spending of the proceeds from the
sale of AAUs shall be an integral part of the agreement for sale of AAUs concluded by the Bulgarian State and, accordingly, of
the agreements for financing green investment projects between the NTEF and the investors which undertake the
implementation of green investment projects.
(New, SG No. 46/2010, effective 18.06.2010)
(1) The State shall participate in international trading of AAUs through the procedures for sale of AAUs according to the
procedure established by this Act and by the instruments of secondary legislation on the application thereof.
(2) The sale shall include a procedure of negotiations with the interested buyer parties or authorized representatives
thereof, adoption of a Council of Ministers decision approving a draft of an agreement with the key parameters of the
transaction, conclusion of the agreement for the sale of AAUs between the Bulgarian State and the buyer country and striking
of the AAUs sold from the National Registry referred to in Article 131j herein and the transfer of the said AAUs to the registry
of the buyer country.
(3) The procedure for the sale of AAUs shall be initiated at the request of the interested countries participating in
international trading of AAUs, which shall be grounds for commencement of negotiations with the potential buyers. The said
negotiations shall be conducted by the Minister of Finance, the Minister of Environment and Water and the Minister of
Economy, Energy and Tourism and/or by persons empowered thereby.
(4) The ministers referred to in Paragraph (3) shall lay the draft of an agreement for the sale of AAUs before the Council
of Ministers for approval.
(5) The agreement for sale shall be signed by the Minister of Finance, the Minister of Environment and Water and the
Minister of Economy, Energy and Tourism and, respectively, by the authorized representatives of the buyer country. The
agreements for the sale of AAUs shall be amended and supplemented according to the procedure for the conclusion thereof.
(6) The Minister of Environment and Water shall undertake steps for striking of the respective quantity of sold AAUs
from the National Registry referred to in Article 131j herein and the transfer of the said AAUs to the registry of the buyer
country according to the terms and conditions of the agreement for sale.