EZ TEST ONLINE INSTRUCTOR USER GUIDE
Page 24 of 106
Copyright ©2007 The McGrawHill Companies, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Import a Test
You can import a test that has been exported from EZ Test as a .zip file. You can also import an EZ
Test Bank Archive Download, Blackboard 6 XML Archive, or Exam View 4 XML files. See step 3 in
the Import Other Test Formats section below for more information regarding the file formats.
Import an Exported EZ Test File
When you have an EZ Test Online file ready to import, you can quickly import it using the Import EZ
Test option available at the top of the List of Tests:
1. Click on the course you wish to import the test into.
2. From the List of Tests screen, click the Browse… button. (Choose.. button for Mac Users).
3. A Choose File dialogue box will open for you to locate your exported test on your computer’s
4. Select the file you plan on importing, and click the Open button.
5. Click the Import EZ Test button
to import the test.
6. The test will appear in the List of Tests for you to deliver to your students online.
It’s that easy!
Import Other Test Formats
Alternatively, you can import tests in other formats using the Import button in the Course
1. Click the Import button
in the Course Management Toolbar. The Import Tests
2. Click Browse… (Choose... button for Mac Users) to locate the test file you wish to import.
3. Choose the file format. Click on the dropdown arrow and make your selection.
§ Choose EZ Test Online Exported Test to import a file exported from EZ Test
Online. Typically this is a single test archive.
§ Choose EZ Test Online Sharing Archive to import an archive file exported from EZ
Test Online containing multiple tests.
§ Choose EZ Test Bundler XML Archive to import a file created in XML. This format
is used internally by McGrawHill.
§ Choose Blackboard 6 XML Archive to import a .zip file exported from Blackboard.
The imported content will be available in the My Saved Tests folder within EZ Test.
§ Choose Exam View 4 XML File to import a .zip file exported from Exam View. The
imported content will be available in the My Saved Tests folder within EZ Test.
§ Choose Test Pilot Enterprise File to import a legacy file format from the
predecessor to EZ Test.
Not all Blackboard and ExamView content may import directly into EZ Test
Online. This is a new feature which will gradually be enhanced and provided via
periodic EZ Test updates. EZ Test Online can import b90+ Blackboard 6 XML
Archive files and Exam View 4 XML. Currently only multiple choice, true/false,
yes/no, essay, fill in the blank and matching questions can be imported.