Running an export from the Export page
1. From the Export page, select the export to run and click Export. The Export file name screen appears.
2. The export’s data file name appears in the File name field. You can either overwrite the existing data file
or save the updated data file as a new record.
To overwrite the existing data file with the updated data file, click Save. A message screen appears asking
if you want to replace the existing file. Click Yes.
To save the updated data file as a new record, enter a new name in the File name field and click Save.
3. A processing screen appears. Once the export finishes processing, message appears indicating the
number of rows exported and the elapsed time. Click OK and return to the Export page.
Using the Word Merge Process in Export
Export is integrated with Microsoft Word features so you can use information exported from your Financial Edge
database to create custom documents such as form letters, mailing labels, envelopes, and mass e-mail and fax
distributions directly from Export.
The merge process consists of merging a document template, such as a form letter, with variable information
exported from The Financial Edge. This process produces documents with the same basic format and text, yet
each individual document is customized with specific Financial Edge information. For example, you can create a
form letter to send to all accounts receivable clients notifying them of an increase in costs for services. The text of
the letter is essentially the same for all clients, but the address section is customized with the recipient’s name,
address, and account number.
You can create two types of Word merges in The Financial Edge, simple and conditional.
• Simple merges produce a series of documents using the same document template, customized with
information exported from The Financial Edge.
• Conditional merges create a series of documents using multiple text formats, customized with fields of
information exported from The Financial Edge, that differ based on specified conditions.
The procedures in this section guide you through creating simple and conditional merges in Export.
Warning: You must have Word 2000 or Word XP installed on your computer to create Word document merges
in The Financial Edge.