PDF Text VB.NET Library
How to Delete Text from PDF File in VB.NET
VB.NET Programming Guide to Delete Text from PDF File Using XDoc.PDF SDK for VB.NET
- Free VB.NET PDF SDK library for deleting PDF text in Visual Studio .NET application
- Delete text from PDF file in preview without adobe PDF reader component installed
- Able to pull text out of selected PDF page or all PDF document in .NET WinForms application
- Able to delete text characters at specified position from PDF
- Support .NET WinForms, ASP.NET MVC in IIS, ASP.NET Ajax, Azure cloud service, DNN (DotNetNuke), SharePoint
- Functionality to remove text format by modifying text font, size, color, etc
- Other PDF edit functionalities, like add PDF text, add PDF text box and field
- Online .NET framework freeware download and VB.NET class source code
- A Professional VB.NET PDF edit control compatible with any Windows system
In document management system, users may have the need of deleting content from PDF document, like text characters. As a qualified PDF text edit control, RasterEdge .NET PDF SDK is such a VB.NET solution that allows programmers to integrate mature text deletion functionality into .NET projects. Basically, you can use robust APIs to select a PDF page, define the text character position, and remove it from PDF document.
This page with guide you with a sample code for how to delete text from PDF in VB.NET class. Furthermore, if you are a Visual C# .NET programmer, you can go to this
Visual C# tutorial for PDF text deletion in .NET project.
VB.NET: Delete a Character in PDF Page
To help you have a quick start, we provide a piece of simple VB.NET sample code here. It demonstrates how to delete a character in the first page of sample PDF file with the location of (123F, 187F).
' open a document
Dim inputFilePath As String = Program.RootPath + "\\" + "1.pdf"
Dim doc As PDFDocument = New PDFDocument(inputFilePath)
' get a text manager from the document object
Dim textMgr As PDFTextMgr = PDFTextHandler.ExportPDFTextManager(doc)
' get the first page from the document
Dim pageIndex As Integer = 0
Dim page As PDFPage = doc.GetPage(pageIndex)
' select char at position (127F, 187F)
Dim cursor As PointF = New PointF(127.0F, 187.0F)
Dim aChar As PDFTextCharacter = textMgr.SelectChar(page, cursor)
' delete a selected character
' output the new document
Dim outputFilePath As String = Program.RootPath + "\\" + "output.pdf"